As of July 1, we have started the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover.
It’s glorious so far! We pay only cash for what we can and plan our meals accordingly. Each week,
we I plan out the meals for the whole week. Make a grocery list. And go grocery shopping.
Last week was only 4 days since we were in South Georgia visiting Nicolas’ family and burying his grandpa (RIP Ken Bush).
So yesterday (I took the day off to go to the DPS, Time Warner and get stuff done around the house) I made a plan and went shopping. It is so relieving to have everything ready to go and you don’t have to think at 5:46 pm “What’s for dinner?” and then drive and grounch on something that adds to the muffin top.
No no. Since we don’t have kids right now, we have the luxury of doing it OUR way. Hehe.
So, last night was Cooking Light’s Lemon Chicken Pita Burger with a fruit salad that consisted of pineapple, banana, and kiwi, in addition to Far East Roasted Garlic brown rice.
YUMMY! It was swell. I am eating leftovers for lunch as I type. Here’s the recipe. ENJOY!
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan or Greek seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 4 (6-inch) pitas, cut in half
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- Combine first 6 ingredients; add 1 teaspoon rind, stirring well. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each into 1/4-inch-thick oval patties.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 4 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1 teaspoon rind, yogurt, and oregano, stirring well. Fill each pita half with 1 patty, 1 tablespoon yogurt mixture, 1/4 cup lettuce, and 1 tablespoon tomato.